Sunday, April 18, 2010

Literary Jump: Through My Tears

Accessed this through Ma'am Joyosthie Orbe's Facebook Page. Just wanna share it with you guys.

Original Text:

Through My Tears
by: Ma'am Joyosthie Orbe

I have always loved teaching. It is not only teaching about theories and standards from books but teaching my students to strive to be better than me...for them to seek to make life always --- well lived.

The ICONS batch was one I had fun and memories with. I have discovered students who become my good friends, Donna, Lex, Ady, Stas, Ches, Lee, Steph, Bogs, Van, Gel, Ken, Nina,....here's to name a few. They are amongst the people I admire because of their respect for our student-teacher-student relationship.
They are those who are unafraid to give gifts just because they love too without expecting a return and not minding the fact that they can get misunderstood.
They are those who can just give me a hug, that makes me feel loved and missed as a teacher and friend.
They are those who are daring enough to ask questions on love, life and things; willing to listening despite their hearts dictate the opposite. :)
They can greet you anytime and anywhere without creating fear of disrespect or over familiarity.
They are those who can be sensitive enough to note when am sad or happy and just become a part of my joys and low moments without feeling like an intruder in the recesses of my thoughts and affect.
They are young but they have mature minds to connect with my deepness and sometimes borderline insanity of moods and moments.
They are those whom I treasure simple memories with that in reminiscence, I could smile, brush a tear or two and whisper thank you for being a part of my existence in AUP.
Through my tears, I wish them well as they hoist up their sails through the gales of life's journey. Wishing them God's blessings because unaware they have blessed mine.
Through my tears...I look forward to a time, that though they forget, I will but hear of them and the good works they have done. I will laud them in my silence and wish them never to turn their hearts away from God.
Through my tears, I remain to be what I am as they know me until new memories be made in time I know not when.


No comments:

Post a Comment